Globus Secondary Phone Field Program
The Globus Secondary Phone Field Program will provide Nexion Members with many benefits like working with your local BDM and Sales team, invitations to local training opportunities, marketing assistance and sales guidance.
All these benefits will be available to you with no change to commission levels, access to promotions or training credits. You can continue to book Globus the same way you do today. (Please note Nexion is still the Primary Agency of record for all Agencies under Secondary phone field. All refunds/commissions will continue to be filtered through the Nexion Office).
Click here for more information on the program.
How to sign up: Send an email to Shipping@nexion.com Subject Globus Secondary phone field and provide your name, phone number, Nexion User ID and email address. Please allow up to 5 business days for your account to be activated.
Some helpful tips:
- Contacting the Reservation Center: When calling to make or service existing reservations,
it is very important that you request to have your secondary phone field number added.
The reservation agent at Globus will only do this upon your request.
- Please remember to give the reservation agent both phone numbers, Nexion's and yours.
Questions? If you have any questions regarding this new Globus program, feel free to contact our reps Maureen Bourcy at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lisa Presley at email@example.com.
Nexion Supplier Marketing
Nexion and Globus Enter Into Enhanced Partnership Program
The Globus family of brands and Nexion are proud to announce that we have entered into an enhanced partnership program called “Tour Operator of Choice”. We have mutually enjoyed a strong relationship in the past and are excited to venture on to this new endeavor together.
What is “Tour Operator of Choice”?
A preferred partnership offered only to select partners ? such as Nexion.
What does it mean to you as a Nexion agent?
· Nexion agents are given top priority by our Globus dedicated sales team, Lisa Presley, Manager, Home Based Channel and Maureen Bourcy, Sales Consultant. Additional support will also be provided by our local Business Development Managers and our Inside Sales Team. Nexion agents will be given priority notification of upcoming training opportunities and promotions. You will also be provided with exclusive booking incentives. Globus family of brands will increase their presence at CoNexion 2013.
· Starting in 2013, both Globus and Avalon Waterways will be represented during all Nexion Boot Camps.
“We’ve always had a wonderful relationship with Nexion, but this stronger Tour Operator of Choice partnership allows us to increase our engagement with your agents and give more prominence to first-class escorted tours in Europe, North America, South America, South Pacific, Asia and Africa,” said Paula Hayes, Vice President of Sales, Globus Family of Brands.
“The Globus Family of Brands and Nexion have opened up the door with this wonderful opportunity. I urge all of you to take advantage of the exclusive benefits of this terrific program. I strongly believe every single Nexion agent could increase their business with the Globus Family of Brands, “said Jackie Friedman, President, Nexion.
*Please note, in order to focus efforts on growing our mutual business with Globus, Trafalgar Tours will no longer be a preferred partner effective January 1st, 2013. As an Independent Contractor, you may continue to book Trafalgar under Nexion if it is the best opportunity for your customer. Please remember that commissions with Trafalgar for 2013 will be no more than 15%.
“We look forward to a mutual partnership going forward!” Jackie Friedman, President, Nexion
And Paula Hayes, Vice President of Sales, Globus Family of Brands.
Above: The Globus team receiving the Best Escorted Tour Operator award at CoNexion 2012
Nexion Invoice Tool
Nexion is very excited to be Beta Testing our new Invoicing tool. This new tool will allow you to create an invoice for your customer based on the data entered into both the non-ARC Posting tool and the GDS systems.
If you are interested in using this new tool we highly recommend that you review the User Manual prior to working with the invoice tool. There are four components to the new tool and all of them are located on the Tools page in WebView. The components include:
- Customer Maintenance – Keep track of your customers
- Agent Maintenance – Setup default information about you that will appear on the invoice
- Search Posting – The creation of an invoice starts here
- User Manual – PDF Document on how to use the tool
Key features of the tool include:
- No duplicate data entry
- Ability to include your company logo on the invoice
- Ability to modify all data elements added to the invoice
- Print or email the invoice
- Include both ARC and non-ARC information
- Add new line items to the invoice
- Reorder line items any way you like
Please understand that this is phase I of the tool and that additional functionality will be added periodically. If you have any issues with the tool or want to provide input on future functionality please send us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sabre GDS Users: Tripcase Migration Information
Nexion and Sabre will start migrating Sabre Pseudo City’s from virtually there to Tripcase. Please review the migration schedule below. If you were unable to attend the Nexion sponsored training on tripcase, please review the product information on Sabre Eservices, Resources, Tripcase. Tripcase will automatically import your agency phone number from your Sabre PNR; it is programed to read the A, Agency designator in the 9 field. Nexion has removed our A, agency designator from all of your pseudo city’s zero level stars and our phone number now appears in the records as 9DFW 408-280-6410 NEXION.If you have added the Nexion phone number to any office or individual stars please update and remove the A designator. Information on updating profiles can be found under eservices, format finder, Stars - Lines: Delete or Modify (N¤)
If you currently do not have the A or Agency designators in your agency phone field please add it. By adding this designator it will give your customers access to your contact information from the tripcase import or email.
Please review PE formats and utilize the BC for any emails where you do not want to populate a trip case account. Formats can be reviewed in Format Finder or under the Tripcase resource page in eservices.
Additionally for all of you who responded to the survey, your virtually there settings have been confirmed and will be imported into the new tool correctly. We will be adding any logos that we have received within a few days of your migration date. If you did not respond to the survey your existing virtually there settings will be imported to the new tool.
Date Pseudo Cities beginning with
January 29, 2013 0-9 & A-B
February 5, 2013 C-I
February 12, 2013 J-X
February 19, 2013 Y-Z
All of Nexion’s 500 individual Sabre Pseudos’ will be migrated to this new tool. The above schedule has been submitted to Sabre, and we are unable to make any changes to the above migration schedule.
If your information is not appearing correctly within a week of your migration date please email the details to email@example.com . Include your Sabre PCCC code and your user id along with any corrections that need to be made.
Changes to Tripcase configuration including agency information after the migration period (March 1, 2013) will be processed via firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include your Sabre PCCC code and your Nexion User ID along with any updates you are requesting
Tax Notification Regarding 1099
Nexion 1099s will be processed and mailed the last week of January per IRS regulations for all agent that have earned over $600.00 in 2012. Please allow sufficient mail time to receive them. We will not be sending copies until after February 20th. Once you receive your 1099 to be sure we have accurately reported your income with your correct name, tax id and address. If you have any changes to make please send your request to email@example.com with the correction. We need them before March 10, 2013 to change the records before we file with the IRS.
travel42 Renewal Information
Hello Nexion Agents,
It’s that time again!Our annual subscription to travel42 is up for renewal beginning on January 31st, 2013.
The price per user per month is $19, for a yearly total of $228(this is a yearly subscription). There is also the Nexion processing fee of $15 that will also be applied to your account.
Please note, even if you signed up in the recent months, you are up for renewal as well.
If you would like to renew your subscription for travel42, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than end of business on January 28, 2013.
Your email must include your Nexion ID number, your name and your email address. Your Nexion account will be billed the non-refundable fee for travel42 plus $15 nonrefundable Nexion processing fee on February 1, 2013. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Member Services Specialist
Travel42 is built on decades of experience serving the specialized needs of travel agents, meeting planners, corporate travel managers and other travel professionals.
This product is a combo of Star, Weissmann and Intelliguide. The cost for the year, effective January is $228, $19 MONTHLY. It’s a great product. Below is the link for a free 7-day trial. Please take a look at it when you have a moment and advise if you would be interested in signing up.
STAR Service Online and Hotel & Travel Index, both of which were founded more than 50 years ago as print products to serve the specialized needs of travel agents.
Weissmann Reports, now in its 25th year of providing professional destination guides, written by local experts, that travel professionals can send to their clients.
Intelliguide, which for nearly a decade has provided critical, worldwide travel and security alerts to travel professionals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
travel42 seamlessly integrates all of this related information while giving travel professionals full control of what to send to clients, how to send it, and what to customize and store for future use. Consumers can access travel42s recommendations and reports only through a travel professional who subscribes to the service. Developed as a result of extensive research, travel42 is designed to help travel professionals do their jobs faster and better.
Differences between travel42 and Weissmann/STAR Service -
- Access to 24/7 News alerts about what’s going on in the world and how it’s affecting travel.
- Separate quality and amenities ratings for hotels.
- Ability to see hotels on a map, including viewing the see & do, and dining that are close to the property
- You can now search by Points of Interest (airports, museums, etc.).
- Better search engine that allows you to enter an Old Hotel name and it pulls up the correct property.
- For hotels you can widen your search if you can’t find the hotel that interests you.
- Destination information can now be broken down. Instead of adding the entire section- (for example if you want to add Museums in Paris, and there are 26 available, you would have to add all of them in Weissmann reports). In travel42 you can add as many or as few as you like.
- Cruises now have deck plans and cabin descriptions.
- Once you have created a trip, you can change the order of the trip items as often as you need.
- Professional reports that can be emailed or downloaded to a PDF.
- These PDFs can be saved to a file that can be displayed on an IPad or tablet device.
- Weekly demos on how to use travel42.